Wednesday 13 June 2012

Prayer, Play and Work.

The success sequence. Yes, rightly so. There are ten thousand ways to be a Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. Whichever way, Work is included. But how many times do people leave out Prayer and Play..I call them my own P-square (Not the one you know). Its no longer a hidden fact that God has called us to a life of rest. Man was supposed to carry out one great command "Be fruitful and multiply". I do not need to go into the details of why that is not the case today. Many pray, play and work while others work, pray and play: whichever format is being employed, one thing must be kept in mind-----Priorities make all the difference. Probably right from childhood we've all heard our teachers cry "put God in everything". I call that life's simplest formula. How interesting to know that the most complex of concepts, ideas and precepts all begin with the simplest matter and revolve around the most  commonest of values. Putting God first and foremost in everything simply irons out that If I continually invited Him into every aspect of my life, I would have no reason to stress. #Easytosay, well that's a big  truth. Most of the world's best will tell you that people who depend on God are outright lazy. Well, that's why many refer to Deity Worship as a hiding shelf for life's losers. I don't intend to either prove these school of thought wrong neither do I seek to justify their statements. All I'm here to say is I know a way, and if you follow that way, you would not want to follow another. Rest is a very important element of work. Work can never be complete without rest. You need to work to rest and you need to rest in order to work. One cannot go without another, cos that's just how the world was designed to function. Unknown to many, rest is a form of worship. It's about taking out time to appreciate the awesomeness of God and trusting him as you take time in doing so. Many fail to see God's providence until when they are rested. I usually did wonder why retired personnels felt and appreciated nature much more than we the younger generation. And they never ceased with ringing our ears with 'Burnouts". I came to a conclusion___It takes rest to appreciate God and his providence. Battle all you can, you can hardly appreciate God's providence when you up and about.

        Isaiah 28:12 "To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear (KJV)",
        Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

God has more than a lot to offer.
There is no crime in saying 'no, I can't. Many burnout quickly cos they tend to want to  fit closely into Jack's clothing and certainly do end up mastering little or virtually nothing. Jesus knew this, and gave an invitation___Come to  me! Looking a little more closely, its all about accountability; being honest to yourself and those around you. Expectations skyrocket when Promises do not meet delivery demands. This however is not an invitation to live a mediocre life, but rather a more accountable one.
Build the castles in the air and when its time, you bring  them down. Just ensure you have the right materials to build. God placed me in my circle of influence to leave an impact. When I’m not fully present, I’m robbing people of what God wants to do in their lives through me. Many however do have a problem locating what their point of greatest impact should be. It's quite easy____what makes your heart pump at a high rate? Find it and keep hold of it. You necessarily do not need passion to do your work and be the best at it. I do not have a passion for eating (yeah, that's work according to physics cos energy is being expended), but I eat well after-all. You just need happiness, and passion is not a prerequisite for happiness. Happiness is a choice. If you doubt, ask Jerry. Despite constantly being tormented by Tom, he's happy after-all.

God is God. I am not, but I am a god still. How? Well, the son of God is a god.
        "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'(Ps 82:6)
  A psalm of Asaph. God presides in the great assembly; he gives judgment among the "gods"(Ps 82:1)
        Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? (John 10:34)

If I remembered who God is and who I am in Him, I would be less likely to work myself to the point of burnout. I have to trust He is working through me and guiding my steps. I have to stop trying to wrestle control from Him.
       For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.(Phil 2:13).
Overall, I’ve learned I’m simply supposed to love God, to love people and to laugh whenever possible. This year, I’m going to just focus on following Jesus, and my guess is His strength will get me farther than my own. But how does an ambitious 20 something do that? How do dreams manifest into reality without action I always wonder. Well, the bible is replete with examples of God working where there is seemingly no room for him. We just have to believe in his promises, acknowledge his supremacy and follow his example. There are yet still more revelations to unfold the complexity of such simplicity----That Life could be great after all if only man just follows the initial plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment